The church’s main objective is people. Pastors are always encouraging church members to share the gospel and invite others they meet to visit church with them. Many churches have visitation or outreach programs on a weekly basis to invite people to their church. Today, technology has given churches the advantage to put a digital invitation in the hands of every home of their community. With this in mind, if everyone in your community was to look at your church website today, would it have enough information to let them know who you are? When inviting someone in person, you give them specific information about your church. Church websites must provide the same information and more if we want people to consider joining us on Sunday!
Church visitors like friendly door greeters and signage that tell them how to get around. The same goes for your church website. It should be designed to easily navigate a visitor so they can see who you are, where you are, and what you have to offer.
Content every church should have on their website:
- Welcome To Your Website – This could be done through a short video or maybe a picture of the pastor with a quick note. This is the digital version of your door greeter and should make all feel glad they came!
- Service Times – People are hesitant to try something when they don’t know what’s going on. Most will not bother to call and find out details. Many will probably find another church to attend that does give them this information.
- Contact Information – The church’s address, phone number and e-mail should be prominently displayed on the home page to make it easy for visitors to find.
- Pastor & Staff – People like to have a visual image of who the leaders are when they walk into a church. This builds their confidence when visiting for the first time. They already recognize someone and have a good idea of who to speak to if they do have any questions.
- Ministries & How To Engage – Everyone is looking for what they can get out of a relationship, and your church is no exception. This is especially important to families with young children. Most parents will choose a church based on their children/youth ministries.
This is just a quick overview of what we have found to be necessary content for visitors interested in your church. Professional Support Staff has dedicated web developers to help your church design a custom website to enhance your digital invitation to your community!
Call us today @ (865) 272-6550 or visit our website at www.prosupportstaff.com for more information.